Your Complete Solutions Provider
Meridian Systems is a family owned company providing turnkey and engineering solutions globally since 1986.
Providing custom engineering solutions to solve any problem.
Providing repairs and services to the marine and industrial fields.
Suppliers of Danfoss parts and equipment
Greatest innovations in the fishing industry.
Elegant design for the prestigious yachtsmen.
Uncompromising power and reliability.
We are mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic engineers
Since 1986, Meridian Systems has formed a deep knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic engineering projects, and is capable of providing turnkey services to clients. We can plan, manage, and execute the engineering cycle, from initial concept and system design, to detailed mechanical and electrical design, to procurement and manufacturing, to factory acceptance testing and commissioning, to preventive and reactive maintenance and repair, plus modifications to existing systems. Some projects we have executed include:
- Design, manufacture, commission, and preventive overhaul of offshore cranes
- Design, manufacture and commission 60,000T steering systems for 4-off 260m container vessels to Lloyds Register rules
- Design and manufacture subsea hydraulic cylinders for crawlers operating at 200m depths
- Planned overhaul and recommissioning of umbilical winches
- Design and manufacture of mechanical and hydraulic sub-systems used to manufacture catalytic converters
- Design, manufacture and commission our own range of long-line (bottom and surface, fishing and crayfishing) deck equipment
- Design and manufacture specialised light-weight aluminium hydraulic cylinders for global yachting customers
- Design, manufacture, install, and commission full hydraulic systems for J-class racing yachts with PLC control
We are authorised Danfoss agents
Meridian Systems is Cape Town’s authorised Danfoss sales and service agent and distributor. We are product specialists in the full Danfoss, Sauer-Danfoss, and Sundstrand ranges of hydraulic valves, pumps, steering systems, motors, and related hydraulic components. The common products we deal with include (but are not limited to):
- PVG 32, PVG 100, and PVG 120 proportional control valves
- Gear pumps and motors
- Series 90, series 45, and series 20 axial piston pumps and motors
- Low-speed, high torque ge-roller motors
- Series 51, series 51-1 variable displacement bent-axis motors
- Hydro-static steering systems and orbitrols
- OMR, OMP, OMH motors
- OMS, OMT, OMV motors
- Concrete mixer transit drives and systems (TMP pumps and TMM motors)
We are installation, service, and repair specialists
Meridian Systems is synonymous with quality installations, timely service, and guaranteed repairs. Our facilities and personnel enable us to take on a wide range of repairs, and our supply-chain supports the procurement of spare parts and components. We service a wide range of components and systems, including:
- Hydraulic cylinders of all makes and sizes
- Hydraulic pumps, motors, and valves of all makes and sizes (Danfoss, Bosch Rexroth, Eaton, Sun Hydraulics, Parker, etc)
- Mechanical systems and subsystems, including drives, winches, umbilical reelers, launch and recovery systems, capstans, etc