Our lates offering is a set of steering sylinders for a large catamaran.
Steering Cylinder Specifications:
- Double sided marine grade stainless steel (Duplex 2205) shafts for balanced pressure when turning left or right.
- Marine grade Stainless steel (Duplex 2205) swivel ball.
- Aluminium 6083-T6 barrel
- Aluminium 7075 (aerospace grade) piston
- Dual neck bush and piston guide rings for long-lasting operation.
- Stainless steel shaft clevis with stainless steel maintenance free swivel bearings.
- Half angle swivel of the cylinders is 4 deg, with a total swivel is 8deg.
- FEA (Finite Analysis) done on all components – giving a average factor of safety 3.0.
- The Cylinders go through 3 tests.
- Cycle test. – 200 cycles
- Pressure test – to see that all seals are operating as required. (@200% operating pressure)
- Mounting test. (@150% of operating pressure)